Saturday, May 29, 2010

Jenny, Resting

I honestly remember very little of the last week. Traumatizing heat, horrific crowds, running around like a madman... but that makes it sound bad.  Book Expo wasn't bad, it was fun and productive. But it was still hard.

Like running a marathon in heels.

Then visiting a filthy sauna. Still in heels.

As always, I am excited when it's coming, and thrilled when it's over.

Now I am going to spend a week relaxing in my borrowed apartment on a gorgeous treelined street in Brooklyn.  Oh, there will be meeting-of-editors, but more over drinks or just out for coffee than anything boring and official. And there will be reading. Lots of reading. And staring out the window at the garden.

I AM SO HAPPY.

Now as to the loot I got... well, to be honest, I am not a picker-up of books. I try NOT to get books whenever possible, actually, because I have enough to read and most every galley comes to my office anyway.  But there was one item I simply could not resist bringing home:

I am a huge fan of Jennifer Donnelly, and I am so super-excited to read REVOLUTION later in the week. But first, my unwind-comfort reading, purchased at the wonderful Greenlight Book Store in my newly adopted neighborhood:
I have read every Shoe book a thousand times, but not for a while. I plan to curl up in a windowseat overlooking the rose garden and read. With a mug of tea. Then I will be able to approach my dear Client manuscripts, and also my ginormous pile of requested fulls, with a light heart. 

I am sure I will blog more soon, since I finally have time... but if I don't, or either way, have a great long weekend, everybody!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Have fun with your reading - sounds like a very good plan!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated - if I'm at my desk, they'll show up quickly. If I'm not... not so quickly. Thanks for your patience!