Thursday, May 06, 2010

What I've been up to...

This past week or two has been a bit of a blur.

It started with our Not Your Mother's Book Club event with John Green & David Levithan, in celebration of their new book WILL GRAYSON WILL GRAYSON last Monday. C'est Madness!

Here's the deal with cramming this many people into a small space. It's hot. Hot, like JUNGLE hot. But the boys did well and signed about a thousand books and everyone was very exhausted and happy at the end of it all. Well, by "everyone" I mean, I was exhausted and happy and I think everyone else was too.

Heidi R. Kling, Bloggiste extraordinaire and author of the upcoming SEA, has a great recap of the event with loads of pictures posted, go check it out.  (She even has a real camera with a zoom lens and all, much better than my craptastic phone cam.)

Then lots of other things happened, most of which I can tell you later. THEN, to unwind from all of that mayhem, I went to visit my family in Newport Beach. This is our yard.


Mostly I hung out with Puppy Huckleberry (brown) and Dog Sugar (springer spaniel), and read books. NOT manuscripts!

Oh and I got an iPad, which I am still playing with.

Now I'm home and slowly getting into the swing of things. Tonight is a ginormous PIZZA PARTY extravaganza, the launch party for Not Your Mother's Book Club Berkeley!  There is a fantastic lineup:

Susane Colasanti (Something Like Fate)

Jenny Han (The Summer I Turned Pretty)

Michael Grant (Gone series)

Cynthia Jaynes Omololu (Dirty Little Secrets)
 
Beth Fantaskey (Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side)

I am so excited... must actually start getting ready soon!

4 comments:

  1. Ack! I'm so JEALOUS! Have an awesome time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy week! I wish I could attend one of these book club events. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that was MY yard when I lived in Newport Beach during college. Spent a lot of time out there at night, by moonlight, doing the gloomy, angst, what-will-I-do-with-my-life-post-English-Major-years thingy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linky!
    This is my first time seeing your fab new blog.
    You rock girl.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated - if I'm at my desk, they'll show up quickly. If I'm not... not so quickly. Thanks for your patience!