Thursday, June 24, 2010

Doing the Write Thing

Recently some amazing authors put together a auction called Do The Write Thing for Nashville to benefit flood relief, and raised more than $75,000 dollars. (Holy. WOW.)

Like many agents and editors, I donated an auction item. I promised to be a "personal shopper" and pick out a basket of agency-repped books for the winner.  But I sort of couldn't stop myself and basket turned into a huge box, filled with a baker's dozen agency books & arcs (plus a handful of others I couldn't resist throwing in, but didn't make it in this shot.)

I checked with the winner to be sure that I wasn't giving her things she'd already read, so several of my original choices have been switched out and new items added. Finally today I am MAKING myself put this in the mail before I choose yet more books to put in.

I sort of wish I could have won it!  ;-)

From the top, with agent listed (JL means ME!): PARTY by Tom Leveen (repped by J. Mattson); MERMAID'S MIRROR by LK Madigan (JL); FALLOUT by Ellen Hopkins (L. Rennert); DRAW THE DARK by Ilsa J. Bick (JL); THE BODY FINDER by Kimberly Derting (L. Rennert); MAGIC UNDER GLASS by Jaclyn Dolamore (JL); A LOVE STORY STARRING MY DEAD BEST FRIEND by Emily Horner (J. Mattson); HARMONIC FEEDBACK by Tara Kelly (JL); WOLVES, BOYS & OTHER THINGS THAT MIGHT KILL ME by Kristen Chandler (J. Chilton); FRONT PAGE FACE-OFF by Jo Whittemore (JL); SUGAR & ICE by Kate Messner (JL); THE HARD KIND OF PROMISE by Gina Willner-Pardo (JL); ADVENTURES OF A CAT-WHISKERED GIRL by Daniel Pinkwater (JL)

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe how much money was raised.

    That's an impressive pile. Lucky auction winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is already an arc of Mermaid's Mirror why I no have *cries*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because, MARTHA, I only had one and I gave it to THE AUCTION WINNER.

    It's called A GOOD CAUSE and CHARITY, etc.

    I'll try and find you another. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is fantastic that so much money was raised. What a wonderful box of books for the winner as well! My book club is reading Harmonic Feedback in July :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated - if I'm at my desk, they'll show up quickly. If I'm not... not so quickly. Thanks for your patience!