Tuesday, February 26, 2013

LITTLE RED HOT by Eric A. Kimmel

LITTLE RED HOT is a super-fun Tex-Mex re-imagining of Little Red Riding Hood from the gifted Eric A. Kimmel, with bright and lively illustrations from Laura Huliska-Beith. I just saw it in real life for the first time, and it is a real charmer, perfect for fractured fairy tale fans.

Little Red Hot loooooves to eat hot peppers, the hotter the better. Why folks say that she could eat the fire out of a stove, but to that she'd answer, "Fire ain’t hot enough." When she gets into some hot water with the wicked SeƱor Lobo, she knows exactly how to stop him in his tracks... with a little help from a Jalapeno Pie. 


 

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a book my students would love! Thanks for the introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lot of fun to write. The challenge in telling a fractured fairy tale is finding a way to make an old story new. Laura's illustrations are superb. I hope we'll do more books together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome! I'll have to check that out for my two boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Creative re-imaginings of fairy tales always get my curiosity. And adorable illustrations to go with it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated - if I'm at my desk, they'll show up quickly. If I'm not... not so quickly. Thanks for your patience!