Welcome to Friday Five, evening edition! HOW did this week go by so quickly?
1) The dog is now called Moxie. It's a lot easier to say than Macadamia was. And easier to yell, which is good, since she has learned to take flying leaps onto my desk. (Her formal name is Edith Macadamia Bouvier, if you must know, but Moxie will do for short.)
2) Last week (ish) my client Kate Messner wrote a terrific guest post on a blog about how she finds the time to write. And people? If don't believe that it can happen for you, if you think dealing with your job or your kids is too exhausting and you'll never be able to do all that AND write a book... you should definitely look to Kate as an example. She is a 7th grade teacher, a mom of two, and I just sold her twelfth book. If she can do it, you can do it.
3) But maybe–just maybe–you don't really want to do it. John "not my client" Scalzi has a terrific post up called Find the Time, or Don't. To paraphrase, if you really wanted to be a writer, you'd find the time to write. If you DON'T find the time to write... that's fine. Don't be a writer. No biggie, right?
4) All this shop talk making you hungry? Have some lemon pudding cake. Nommity nom! Now I have a ton of reading to do and can't stand around in the kitchen, so who is gonna bake it for me?
5) This video made me crack up. But it contains salty language. You've been warned. "What is wrong with books?"
!!!!!!! [BESTIE x BESTIE 1] !!!!!!! from Dean Fleischer-Camp on Vimeo.