Friday, October 29, 2010

On Rejection, part 2

I've been getting an unusual number of responses to rejections lately. "But I've done everything right, WHY don't you want it?" etc. 

This sort of question is basically forcing me to be rude to you. I either have to delete it with no response, or I have to give you an answer that you are not going to like. Probably "Because I don't like it." or "Because it isn't well-written." or "Because it is OK, but not good enough."  To be more polite would just be reiterating my original polite rejection.  And who cares what I think, anyway, if I don't like it, find somebody who does!

If you've sent one of these plaintive emails, I am sorry, but I just have to delete. 

And here is my lengthier post from earlier in the year on the very subject of rejection.